As I mentioned in the show notes for episode 3 with Cait Flanders, when I was in Vancouver back in March to visit my family, I took the opportunity to do a few podcast interviews while I was there.
Luckily, my good friend Stephanie Williams — who is not a personal finance blogger but rather an uber frugal traveller — so graciously agreed to be on my podcast when I was in town.
So, off I went with my backpack full of equipment in tow and we recorded this episode in her apartment in Kitsilano (probably my favourite Vancouver neighbourhood fyi). When I started making a list of people I wanted to interview for my podcast, I knew I needed to have Stephanie on it because her story is seriously amazing. Now, me and Stephanie go way back. All the way back to our university days (she was even instrumental in me getting together with my now husband!).
While I was studying film and dreaming of becoming an Oscar-winning director, she was studying geography and making plans to travel Europe after she finished her degree. And she did. She travelled around Europe, and of course got bit by the travel bug big time. Ever since, she’s done these major backpacking trips every year. Seriously, you name the country and she’s probably been there — twice.
You may be wondering if she’s an heiress or something, because how could anyone afford to take off half the year every year to travel? No, she’s no heiress (that I know of?), so you’ll just have to listen to the episode to find out how she does it.
We mentioned a few links on the show that you may want to check out, and I’m also going to include some links to the blog series I did when I was travelling around Thailand which I mentioned a few times on the show as well.
Stephanie’s Travel Blog & Non-Profit Work
- Borderline Crazy Blog
- Better Environmentally Sound Transportation (B.E.S.T.)
- The Bicycle Valet
- The Bicycle Valet on Instagram
Blog Posts I Mentioned
Travel Blog Series
- My Trip to Thailand and How Much It Cost
- Thailand Travel Tips That Your Guidebook Won’t Tell You
- Thailand Trip Days 22 and 23: Last Days in Thailand
- Thailand Trip Days 17, 18 and 19: Doi Suthep and Ben Cocktail Bar
- Thailand Trip Days 9 and 10: Ko Lanta is My Favourite Ko
- Thailand Trip Days 5 and 6: It Ain’t Called The Grand Palace for Nothing
- Thailand Trip Days 1 and 2: Jet Lag and Breakfast Curry