“Take advantage of tools, like Rakuten to build financial awareness of how and where you’re spending.“
– Jennifer LaForge, General Manager at Rakuten Canada
The way we shop has changed significantly over the years and with the rising cost of goods and growing inflation, now is the time to figure out how best we can stretch a dollar and shop smarter! But what does shopping smarter actually mean? To answer that and more is my guest for today’s bonus episode, Jennifer LaForge, the General Manager for Rakuten Canada and expert when it comes to savvy shopping.
Jennifer LaForge is the General Manager for Rakuten Rewards Canada. Before joining Rakuten in 2012, Jennifer spent a decade in the online travel space working for Fairmont Hotel & Resorts, Expedia.ca, and Globus. While at Rakuten, Jennifer has facilitated and was selected as one of the Globe and Mail’s top 50 best executives in Canada.
In today’s episode, Jennifer shares why Rakuten is Canada’s number one place to save money while shopping at their favourite brands online. Jennifer explains how Rakuten works, including what affiliate marketing is and when the best time to buy certain items is based on the time of year. This episode is great for anyone else feeling the pinch when it comes to buying their essentials or wanting to save money when you’re in the mood to splurge.
Things I Mentioned in the Episode
- Visit Rakuten (and use my referral link) and sign-up for free to earn cash back on your purchases!
- Read my blog post to find out how to save money with rising costs
- Jessica’s Instagram & YouTube channel
- I’m giving away copies of all the books featured on this season of the podcast! To enter, visit jessicamoorhouse.com/contests
- My free resource library, where you can find budget spreadsheets & more!
- Apply to enroll in my investing course Wealth Building Blueprint for Canadians
- Check out my shop!
Looking for Financial Help?
Looking for some financial help during these tough and uncertain times? Check out my investing course and budget spreadsheets on my shop page