This episode of the More Money Podcast is sponsored by Desjardins. Desjardins is on a mission to enrich the lives of Canadians, help build stronger communities, and educate its members so they can confidently reach their financial goals. If you’re looking for an institution that’s making an impact, look no further than Desjardins. To learn more visit Desjardins.com.
“You have to look at the long-term to make index investing exciting.“
– Eric Balchunas, Author of The Bogle Effect
If you’re an avid listener of the More Money Podcast, then you’ll know that I’m a big fan of index investing and playing the long game when it comes to growing your money. But, how and when did index investing start? Luckily my guest today, author Eric Balchunas, is sharing the history of the index fund and how one man named Jack changed Wall Street forever in his new book The Bogle Effect.
Eric Balchunas is Senior ETF Analyst at Bloomberg Intelligence, where he leads the ETF and fund research and contributes to Bloomberg Opinion. He is also the co-creator of the Bloomberg podcast Trillions and Bloomberg TV’s ETF IQ. He’s the author of The Bogle Effect (2022) and The Institutional ETF Toolbox (2016).
In today’s episode, we learn more about the founder of the index fund and the Vanguard Group, John Clifton “Jack” Bogle. Eric deep dives into how index funds changed Wall Street, which we’re still seeing the effects of in today’s investing landscape. Eric is a wealth of knowledge when it comes to index investing and ETFs. I loved being able to pick his brain and get him to share his opinion on cryptocurrency and “vanilla” vs. “hot sauce” investing. I hope you enjoy this episode too!
Things I Mentioned in the Episode
- Buy Eric’s books, The Bogle Effect and The Institutional ETF Toolbox
- Listen to Eric’s podcast with Bloomberg, Trillions
- Other books mentioned in this episode, Trillions by Robin Wigglesworth and The Little Book of Common Sense Investing by John C. Bogle
- I have another podcast! Listen here to Clean Slate by Desjardins hosted by yours truly
- Jessica’s Instagram & YouTube channel
- I’m giving away copies of all the books featured on this season of the podcast! To enter, visit jessicamoorhouse.com/contests
- My free resource library, where you can find budget spreadsheets & more!
- Apply to enroll in my investing course Wealth Building Blueprint for Canadians
- Check out my shop!
Looking for Financial Help?
Looking for some financial help during these tough and uncertain times? Check out my investing course and budget spreadsheets on my shop page
+ show Comments
- Hide Comments
add a comment