This episode of the More Money Podcast is sponsored by Harvest ETFs. Looking to invest in some more growth or income-oriented ETFs outside of your regular index portfolio? Check out Harvest’s full line-up of ETFs for almost any niche at harvestportfolios.com.
“It’s not about how much you make but how much you save.“
– Ardelle Harrison, Author of Bank on Yourself
Being single shouldn’t have to mean that you can’t achieve all your financial goals, like owning your own home or retiring early. That’s why this week I’m talking with Ardelle Harrison who wrote a book all about how to be financially independent and why we should plan to be, even if we’re not currently single.
Ardelle’s book “Bank on Yourself: Why Every Woman Should Plan Financially To be Single, Even If She’s Not” was spurred by her interest in personal finance and out of the necessity of wanting to travel, pay for post-secondary education, and purchase a property. Ardelle is now a retired teacher and has been able to achieve all of her financial goals without relying on a partner. Ardelle’s book explains the importance of knowing the ins and out of your finances, despite your marital status, and how to best plan for your financial future.
Ardelle shares how she’s handled the critics in her life who thought her financial goals were unattainable and why you need to find a team, personal and professional that can help you with your goals. This is a great episode for anyone no matter your age or what your relationship status is to know that even if you’ve never done something doesn’t mean you can never do it.
Things Mentioned in This Episode
- Ardelle’s book, “Bank on Yourself: Why Every Woman Should Plan Financially To be Single, Even If She’s Not”
- My podcast episode with my sister, Sarah!
- Jessica’s Instagram & YouTube channel
- I’m giving away copies of all the books featured on this season of the podcast! To enter, visit jessicamoorhouse.com/contests
- My free resource library, where you can find budget spreadsheets & more!
- Apply to enroll in my investing course Wealth Building Blueprint for Canadians
- Check out my new shop!
- You can email Ardelle at email@example.com to grab a copy of her book!
Looking for Financial Help?
Looking for some financial help during these tough and uncertain times? Check out my online courses and budget spreadsheets on my new shop page
+ show Comments
- Hide Comments
add a comment