This episode of the More Money Podcast is sponsored by Motley Fool Canada. Interested in learning more about stock investing? Join over 70,000 of your fellow Canadian investors today by signing up to Stock Advisor Canada. Save 66% off your membership by visiting fool.ca/jessica.
“Investing is one of the very few areas in life where it actually pays to be lazy.“
– Robin Wigglesworth, Financial Times Global Finance Correspondent
In today’s episode, we’re being treated to a history lesson on index funds from my guest who wrote the book all about it. Robin Wigglesworth’s new book, Trillions: How a Band of Wall Street Renegades Invented the Index Fund and Changed Finance Forever, gives a broader history of index investing and how that has influenced the current markets.
Robin Wigglesworth is an author and the global finance correspondent at the Financial Times since 2008. He focuses on the biggest trends reshaping markets, investing, and finance across the world by sharing long-form features, profiles, and columns. Robin’s new book is a fascinating look at the financial history of index funds and why it was the invention that Wall Street initially never wanted.
In this episode, Robin shares how he fell into financial journalism and how his work allows him to be paid to learn. I was excited to talk to Robin because I thoroughly enjoyed his book, which is now going on my list as one of my favourite investing books, especially if you’re a die-hard index investor like myself.
Things Mentioned in This Episode
- Robin’s new book, Trillions: How a Band of Wall Street Renegades Invented the Index Fund and Changed Finance Forever
- Read Robin’s work in The Financial Times
- Jessica’s Instagram & YouTube channel
- I’m giving away copies of all the books featured on this season of the podcast! To enter, visit jessicamoorhouse.com/contests
- My free resource library, where you can find budget spreadsheets & more!
- Apply to enroll in my investing course Wealth Building Blueprint for Canadians
- Check out my new shop!
Looking for Financial Help?
Looking for some financial help during these tough and uncertain times? Check out my online courses and budget spreadsheets on my new shop page
+ show Comments
- Hide Comments
add a comment