“The first thing you do is decide what you want from your life. And then ask yourself, what do I need money-wise in order to have the things that I want?”
– Scarlett Cochran, Attorney & Financial Expert
If you’re in need of a motivational boost or a reminder that life doesn’t start after you reach your goals, then you’ll love today’s episode! I’m so excited to have Scarlett Cochran, founder of One Big Happy Life and new author, join me on the show today to talk about how she changed her money story and the details of her book It’s Not About the Money.
Scarlett Cochran is an attorney, financial expert, and entrepreneur. In her career as a lawyer, she worked on behalf of everyday Americans at government agencies, including the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau, the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation, and the US Department of Housing and Urban Development. She now spends her time working on One Big Happy Life, a one-stop shop to turn your money and life around with her partner, Joseph.
In this episode, Scarlett shares the struggles she faced as a young single mom, what led her to become a lawyer, and now a finance expert working to help change people’s lives and finances. She also shares the inspiration behind her new book, It’s Not About the Money, her opinions on the FIRE community, and why she believes that life doesn’t start after you reach certain milestones.
Things I Mentioned in the Episode
- Buy Scarlett’s book, It’s Not About the Money
- Jessica’s Instagram & YouTube channel, Tiktok
- I’m giving away copies of all the books featured in this season of the podcast! To enter, visit jessicamoorhouse.com/contests
- My free resource library, where you can find budget spreadsheets & more!
- Apply to enroll in my investing course Wealth Building Blueprint for Canadians
- Check out my shop!
Looking for Financial Help?
Looking for some financial help during these challenging and uncertain times? Check out my investing course and budget spreadsheets on my shop page