This episode of the More Money Podcast is sponsored by FedEx Express Canada. FedEx wants to show their support and help small businesses realize their potential by giving away $100,000 in total prizing to FedEx small business customers in Canada. To learn more and to enter to win, visit fedex.ca/backingsmall.
“You don’t have to be a financial expert or a CFA or have an MBA to do this.”
– Peter McMurtry, Author and Financial Writer
I always jump at the chance to interview an expert in DIY investing for the podcast and this week I have someone who’s been working in the investment industry for decades! Peter McMurtry is an author and financial writer, whose recent book Own Your Financial Future: Take Charge of Your Investments is sure to pique your interest if you’re wanting to take a more self-directed approach to your investment portfolios.
Peter McMurtry has been involved in the investment industry for over 30 years and his experience includes almost every aspect of the industry. He’s currently a financial writer and has a Chartered Financial Analyst designation (CFA®). He’s also previously been a portfolio manager and has been involved in financial planning and sales. In his new book, Own Your Financial Future, he guides budding investors to manage their own investments without the use of an advisor.
Peter also shares how his newsletter, The McMurtry Investment Report, helps to empower his readers to make their own investment decisions, on top of what to know about fees, how to pick and research stocks, and how to have a balanced portfolio.
Things I Mentioned in the Episode
- Buy Peter’s book, Own Your Financial Future: Take Charge of Your Investments
- Join Peter’s newsletter, The McMurty Investment Report
- Jessica’s Instagram & YouTube channel, Tiktok
- I’m giving away copies of all the books featured in this season of the podcast! To enter, visit jessicamoorhouse.com/contests
- My free resource library, where you can find budget spreadsheets & more!
- Apply to enroll in my investing course Wealth Building Blueprint for Canadians
- Check out my shop!
Looking for Financial Help?
Looking for some financial help during these challenging and uncertain times? Check out my investing course and budget spreadsheets on my shop page