“We seek to create a fair environment for consumers to shop for services. We want to deter misconduct.”
– Huston Loke, Executive Vice President, Market Conduct at the Financial Services Regulatory Authority of Ontario
What’s the difference between a financial advisor and a financial planner? How do you know if you can trust the person selling you life insurance? My guest this week is answering these questions and so much more! Joining me today is Huston Loke, the Executive Vice President of Market Conduct at the Financial Services Regulatory Authority of Ontario (FSRA).
Huston Loke, along with FSRA, aims to help protect consumers getting a mortgage, buying life insurance, and working with financial professionals. The Financial Services Regulatory Authority of Ontario (FSRA) was launched in 2019 but has already made significant progress in helping protect consumers seeking financial advice and services. Huston has previously served as a committee member of the Financial Stability Board and an advisor to the CEO of the Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation (CMHC), and as the Director of Corporate Finance at the Ontario Securities Commission (OSC).
In this episode, Huston shares what exactly FSRA is doing to help protect consumers in Ontario and the red flags to look out for when seeking financial services. Additionally, he also explains the difference in financial titles and services that tend to confuse most consumers.
Things I Mentioned in the Episode
- Visit the FSRA website
- Check out these news articles of things to be aware of according to FSRA: here & here
- Check out the CRA website for resources
- Jessica’s Instagram & YouTube channel, Tiktok
- I’m giving away copies of all the books featured in this season of the podcast! To enter, visit jessicamoorhouse.com/contests
- My free resource library, where you can find budget spreadsheets & more!
- Apply to enroll in my investing course Wealth Building Blueprint for Canadians
- Check out my shop!
Looking for Financial Help?
Looking for some financial help during these challenging and uncertain times? Check out my investing course and budget spreadsheets on my shop page
+ show Comments
- Hide Comments
add a comment