“Try as much as you can, interact with people in your community, and connect.”
– Bisola Tijani, WhizQueen
You might remember that a few months ago I was invited to join a YouTube accelerator program and through that, I was lucky enough to meet other Toronto-based creators. One of those creators I really enjoyed getting to know and so now she’s on the show! Bisola Tijani aka WhizQueen is a YouTube and Instagram content creator whose content focuses on personal finance, being new to Canada, lifestyle and so much more!
Bisola is originally from Nigeria, but in 2019 applied and was accepted to become a permanent resident in Canada. She’s a business analyst by day, but her passions include personal finance and sharing her journey of making a new life for herself in Toronto.
In this episode, Bisola shares what it was like coming to Canada without any support system and how she managed to find a job, housing, and friends in a new country. We also talk about what it was like starting her financial life including opening a bank account, getting her first credit card, and building up a credit score. I’m so happy to have Bisola on the show and to hear her unique perspective on being an immigrant to Canada.
Things I Mentioned in the Episode
- Check out Bisola’s Youtube Channel!
- Check out the CRA website for resources
- Jessica’s Instagram & YouTube channel, Tiktok
- I’m giving away copies of all the books featured in this season of the podcast! To enter, visit jessicamoorhouse.com/contests
- My free resource library, where you can find budget spreadsheets & more!
- Apply to enroll in my investing course Wealth Building Blueprint for Canadians
- Check out my shop!
Looking for Financial Help?
Looking for some financial help during these challenging and uncertain times? Check out my investing course and budget spreadsheets on my shop page