This episode of the More Money Podcast is sponsored by belairdirect. Find out how to save money on your home and auto insurance by bundling them with belairdirect and participating in their automerit program. To learn more, visit belairdirect.com.
“You don’t need to worry about what the money should be doing because you know what the money must do.”
– Jesse Mecham, Founder of You Need A Budget
If you’ve been a long-time listener of the More Money Podcast, then it shouldn’t come as a surprise that I think budgeting is an amazing tool when it comes to getting your financial life together. That’s why this week I’m so excited to have Jesse Mecham, founder of You Need A Budget, on the show to discuss how he turned his budget spreadsheet into one of the most popular budgeting platforms around.
Jesse Mecham is a personal finance expert, business leader, podcast host, author, and founder of You Need A Budget. He’s a self-proclaimed “recovering CPA,” passionate about budgeting and his four-rule method for keeping track of spending, saving money, and building wealth.
In this episode, Jesse explains what his four-rule method is and why he thinks there is no wrong way to budget. We also discuss how to approach budgeting and money in relationships and the importance of teaching your kids about personal finance from an early age. I hope this episode gives you a boost of motivation and reassurance that everyone is still figuring it out, even the experts!
Things I Mentioned in the Episode
- Buy Jesse’s book, You Need A Budget
- Listen to Jesse’s podcasts, You Need A Budget Podcast and The Beginning Balance Podcast
- Check out the You Need A Budget software and platform
- Jessica’s Instagram & YouTube channel, Tiktok
- I’m giving away copies of all the books featured in this season of the podcast! To enter, visit jessicamoorhouse.com/contests
- My free resource library, where you can find budget spreadsheets & more!
- Apply to enroll in my investing course Wealth Building Blueprint for Canadians
- Check out my shop!
Looking for Financial Help?
Looking for some financial help during these challenging and uncertain times? Check out my investing course and budget spreadsheets on my shop page