“There is no doubt that those who hold wealth hold a lot of power. That power can either become stagnant or be used in ways that don’t shine a light on everyone.”
– Kristin Keffeler, Author of The Myth of the Silver Spoon
We talk a lot about how to build wealth on the More Money Podcast, but what happens when you’ve finally “made it”? In today’s new episode with Kristin Keffeler, author of The Myth of the Silver Spoon, we’re taking a look at the other side of money and what problems may arise after you’ve achieved 1% status.
Kristin Keffeler, MSM, MAPP is a human capital coach, family dynamics advisor, consultant, and thought leader at the forefront of today’s global shift in wealth advising, Wealth 3.0. She’s the founder of Illumination360, in which she specializes in human motivation, behavioural change, and family dynamics, and helps guide affluent and enterprising families, rising gen, and the professionals who support them. Her new book, The Myth of the Silver Spoon, unpacks the hidden traps of inherited wealth and real-life challenges facing those born into affluent families.
In today’s episode, Kristin shares her story of being a part of a wealthy family and how that impacted her identity and career choices. She also shares what the term “rising gen” means and the most common challenges she helps them face. Kristin also shares why affluent parents need to approach parenting differently and the importance of teaching their kids character-building skills.
Things I Mentioned in the Episode
- Buy Kristin’s new book, The Myth of the Silver Spoon
- Jessica’s Instagram & YouTube channel, Tiktok
- I’m giving away copies of all the books featured in this season of the podcast! To enter, visit jessicamoorhouse.com/contests
- My free resource library, where you can find budget spreadsheets & more!
- Apply to enroll in my investing course Wealth Building Blueprint for Canadians
- Check out my shop!
Looking for Financial Help?
Looking for some financial help during these challenging and uncertain times? Check out my investing course and budget spreadsheets on my shop page
+ show Comments
- Hide Comments
add a comment