“The bad F-word of finance is frugality.”
– Jen Smith & Jill Sirianni, Hosts of The Frugal Friends Podcast
The More Money Podcast is back for Season 16! I can’t wait to kick off the new season by interviewing TWO guests, which is a rarity and one of the reasons that I’m so excited to share this episode at the top of the season! Jen Smith and Jill Sirianni, co-hosts of The Frugal Friends Podcast, are joining me today to talk about debt and why frugality is considered the bad F-word in finance.
Jen and Jill are no strangers to debt since they’ve paid off a combined total of nearly $140k with their husbands. They approached their debt differently than some of the typical financial advice you’ll hear the “gurus” sharing, which proved to them that personal finance solutions are not always one size fits all. Jen’s journey even inspired her to write The No-Spend Challenge Guide, a best-seller on Amazon. They now host Frugal Friends Podcast to help people overcome their impulse spending and transform the habits that cause them to overspend to live a better, more financially free life.
In this episode, Jen and Jill share their debt journeys and the shame and guilt that comes with paying them off. We also talk about how habit-forming and learned behaviours from childhood play a big role in your finances. Lastly, Jen and Jill share why FOMO and social media can be a leading cause for overspending and how to counteract the need to spend by figuring out your “Why” for your money.
Things I Mentioned in the Episode
- Jen’s book, The No-Spend Challenge Guide
- The Frugal Friends 3-Day Spending Makeover
- Jessica’s Instagram & YouTube channel, Tiktok
- I’m giving away copies of all the books featured in this season of the podcast! To enter, visit jessicamoorhouse.com/contests
- My free resource library, where you can find budget spreadsheets & more!
- Apply to enroll in my investing course Wealth Building Blueprint for Canadians
- Check out my shop!
Follow Jen & Jill
Looking for Financial Help?
Looking for some financial help during these challenging and uncertain times? Check out my investing course and budget spreadsheets on my shop page