This episode of the More Money Podcast is sponsored by Desjardins. Desjardins is on a mission to enrich the lives of Canadians, help build stronger communities, and educate its members so they can confidently reach their financial goals. If you’re looking for an institution that’s making an impact, look no further than Desjardins. To learn more visit Desjardins.com.
“Financial freedom is when you view money as a tool rather than as a burden.”
– Cindy Zuniga-Sanchez, Founder of Zero-Based Budget Coaching LLC
I can’t believe we’ve come to the end of Season 15 and that 2023 is just around the corner. To help me close out this season is Cindy Zuniga-Sanchez. Cindy is joining me on the show to discuss how her background as a child of immigrants shaped her money journey and sparked her passion for learning and teaching others about personal finance.
Cindy Zuniga-Sanchez is an author, speaker, and founder of Zero-Based Budget Coaching LLC. In 2015, after racking up over $200k in student loan and credit card debt from her time at law school, Cindy decided to document her debt payoff journey on social media. This is exemplified in her new book, Overcoming Debt, Achieving Financial Freedom: 8 Pillars to Build Wealth, in which she shares her money story and provides readers with the roadmap she developed and used on her journey toward financial freedom.
In this episode, Cindy shares how impactful her upbringing as a child of immigrants was on her financial journey and how it was able to help her avoid lifestyle creep once she started her career. We also discuss why we must define financial freedom for ourselves, instead of following other people’s perceptions of it.
I want to say a HUGE thank you to everyone for listening to this season of the show and to those who have continued to support the More Money Podcast for the past 7 years! I wouldn’t be able to continue to make this podcast without you listening every week. I hope you have a wonderful holiday season and cheers to next season and 2023!
See you in January!
Things I Mentioned in the Episode
- Buy Cindy’s book, Overcoming Debt, Achieving Financial Freedom: 8 Pillars to Build Wealth
- I have another podcast! Listen here to Clean Slate by Desjardins hosted by yours truly
- Jessica’s Instagram & YouTube channel, Tiktok
- I’m giving away copies of all the books featured in this season of the podcast! To enter, visit jessicamoorhouse.com/contests
- My free resource library, where you can find budget spreadsheets & more!
- Apply to enroll in my investing course Wealth Building Blueprint for Canadians
- Check out my shop!
Looking for Financial Help?
Looking for some financial help during these challenging and uncertain times? Check out my investing course and budget spreadsheets on my shop page