This episode of the More Money Podcast is sponsored by Desjardins. Desjardins is on a mission to enrich the lives of Canadians, help build stronger communities, and educate its members so they can confidently reach their financial goals. If you’re looking for an institution that’s making an impact, look no further than Desjardins. To learn more visit Desjardins.com.
“We have entire economies built upon the acquisition of debt. So we have made it normal, natural, and good to have a significant amount of debt and live that way.”
– Adam Carroll, Founder of The Shred Method
We’re so close to the end of Season 15 and I have an awesome guest to help wind down this season. Adam Carroll, the Founder of The Shred Method, is on the show today to talk about everything from debt to allowing yourself to take the time to figure out your life at your own pace.
Adam Carroll is a 4-time author, two-time TEDx speaker, and the creator of Broke, Busted & Disgusted, a documentary that aired on CNBC. Adam has spent the past decade studying human behaviour, particularly as it relates to personal leadership and personal finance. He’s also an internationally recognized financial literacy expert and leadership workshop facilitator.
In this penultimate episode, Adam shares his own story of getting out of debt and how debt has become normalized in our society. He also talks about the benefits of not rushing to college and acquiring student loans and the simple framework he suggests going into 2023 with a potential recession looming.
Things I Mentioned in the Episode
- Adam’s Ted Talks, When money isn’t real and The changing economic realities of college
- Buy Adam’s books, 30 Days To $1K, The Build a Bigger Life Manifesto, and Winning The Money Game
- The Shred Method software tool
- I have another podcast! Listen here to Clean Slate by Desjardins hosted by yours truly
- Jessica’s Instagram & YouTube channel, Tiktok
- I’m giving away copies of all the books featured in this season of the podcast! To enter, visit jessicamoorhouse.com/contests
- My free resource library, where you can find budget spreadsheets & more!
- Apply to enroll in my investing course Wealth Building Blueprint for Canadians
- Check out my shop!
Looking for Financial Help?
Looking for some financial help during these challenging and uncertain times? Check out my investing course and budget spreadsheets on my shop page