This episode of the More Money Podcast is sponsored by Desjardins. Desjardins is on a mission to enrich the lives of Canadians, help build stronger communities, and educate its members so they can confidently reach their financial goals. If you’re looking for an institution that’s making an impact, look no further than Desjardins. To learn more visit Desjardins.com.
“Wealth literacy makes you wealthy, whereas financial literacy makes you knowledgeable.”
– Cedric Nash, Author & Founder of Black Wealth Summit
I talk a lot about why learning the basics of financial literacy, like budgeting and managing your money, is an essential part of any personal finance journey. But what happens when you’ve nailed the basics? If you’re looking to level up your finance game and start to grow your money, then listen to today’s episode all about wealth literacy. I’m joined by millionaire mentor and founder of The Black Wealth Summit Cedric Nash who shares his unique perspective on wealth building in an unequal world.
Cedric Nash is an entrepreneur and investor who’s passionate about educating and inspiring the African American Community about building wealth for tomorrow and for future generations. He’s also the founder of Oakland Consulting Group Inc., an information technology consulting, software and staffing firm. His forthcoming books Why Should White Guys Have All the Wealth? How You Can Become a Millionaire Starting from the Bottom and The Millionaire Money Moves Supplemental Investment Guide are set to be released next year and are examples of his teachings about wealth literacy and the obstacles that minorities and people of colour face every day.
In this episode, Cedric outlines his personal wealth strategies with practical advice and anecdotes from his own journey. He also shares how real estate investing factors into his wealth equation and what risks are involved in this form of investing.
Things I Mentioned in the Episode
- Pre-order Cedric’s book, Why Should White Guys Have All the Wealth? : How You Can Become a Millionaire Starting From the Bottom and The Millionaire Money Moves Supplemental Investment Guide
- I have another podcast! Listen here to Clean Slate by Desjardins hosted by yours truly
- Jessica’s Instagram & YouTube channel, Tiktok
- I’m giving away copies of all the books featured in this season of the podcast! To enter, visit jessicamoorhouse.com/contests
- My free resource library, where you can find budget spreadsheets & more!
- Apply to enroll in my investing course Wealth Building Blueprint for Canadians
- Check out my shop!
Looking for Financial Help?
Looking for some financial help during these challenging and uncertain times? Check out my investing course and budget spreadsheets on my shop page