This episode of the More Money Podcast is sponsored by Desjardins. Desjardins is on a mission to enrich the lives of Canadians, help build stronger communities, and educate its members so they can confidently reach their financial goals. If you’re looking for an institution that’s making an impact, look no further than Desjardins. To learn more visit Desjardins.com.
“Do the things you love because that’s what’s important, but for these other more mundane expenses, there are so many great ways to slash those costs.”
– Gordon Stein, Author of Cashflow Cookbook
I’ve been getting inundated with questions about how to save money amidst higher grocery bills, interest rates, and the expectations of a recession next year. Luckily, I have a return guest on the show whose all about sharing practical tips, or rather recipes, to help you save money with minimal effort and sacrifice. Gordon Stein, who you may remember from episode 222, is back on the show to talk about the newest edition of his book, Cashflow Cookbook.
Gordon Stein is an international keynote speaker, blogger, personal finance expert, and author of Cashflow Cookbook: $2 Million of Financial Freedom in 60 Easy Recipes. He’s on a mission to help improve people’s financial wellness without making them give up the things they love in order to save a buck.
In today’s episode, Gordon is sharing what spurred him to write an American edition of his book and why he thinks it’s more important to track your wealth rather than your budget. I also ask him to share some practical and easy steps we can take right now to help reduce our household bills without giving up the things we love.
Things I Mentioned in the Episode
- Listen to my episode with Gordon from January 2020
- Buy Gordon’s book, Canadian Edition or American Edition
- I have another podcast! Listen here to Clean Slate by Desjardins hosted by yours truly
- Jessica’s Instagram & YouTube channel, Tiktok
- I’m giving away copies of all the books featured in this season of the podcast! To enter, visit jessicamoorhouse.com/contests
- My free resource library, where you can find budget spreadsheets & more!
- Apply to enroll in my investing course Wealth Building Blueprint for Canadians
- Check out my shop!
Looking for Financial Help?
Looking for some financial help during these tough and uncertain times? Check out my investing course and budget spreadsheets on my shop page