This episode of the More Money Podcast is sponsored by Desjardins. Desjardins is on a mission to enrich the lives of Canadians, help build stronger communities, and educate its members so they can confidently reach their financial goals. If you’re looking for an institution that’s making an impact, look no further than Desjardins. To learn more visit Desjardins.com.
“Most Canadians will die without a will and it doesn’t have to be that way.”
– Richard Dri, VP of Dri Financial Group
Today I’m diving into an important topic that I’ve never explored before on the More Money Podcast — widowhood. When my guest, Richard Dri, lost his wife Mary in early 2020, it not only changed his life but his financial advisory business too. Richard has since switched gears to focus on helping clients navigate their finances through their grief. This episode is an incredibly important reminder to not leave estate planning until it’s too late.
Richard Dri is a Certified Financial Planner with close to 30 years of experience and is currently the Portfolio Manager and Vice President of Dri Financial Group. Since the loss of his wife, Richard has been on a mission to help others navigate the financial ups and downs of widowhood, which also inspired him to launch his Widowhood and Money Podcast.
In this episode, Richard shares his own experience with widowhood as well as his advice for people experiencing this major life-altering event. We also get into the financial side of death, by which Richard shares the importance of cash flow, understanding asset allocations and fees, and why you should avoid emotional decision-making.
Things I Mentioned in the Episode
- Look out for Richard’s soon-to-be-released podcast, Widowhood and Money
- I have another podcast! Listen here to Clean Slate by Desjardins hosted by yours truly
- Jessica’s Instagram & YouTube channel, Tiktok
- I’m giving away copies of all the books featured in this season of the podcast! To enter, visit jessicamoorhouse.com/contests
- My free resource library, where you can find budget spreadsheets & more!
- Apply to enroll in my investing course Wealth Building Blueprint for Canadians
- Check out my shop!
Looking for Financial Help?
Looking for some financial help during these tough and uncertain times? Check out my investing course and budget spreadsheets on my shop page