This episode of the More Money Podcast is sponsored by Desjardins. Desjardins is on a mission to enrich the lives of Canadians, help build stronger communities, and educate its members so they can confidently reach their financial goals. If you’re looking for an institution that’s making an impact, look no further than Desjardins. To learn more visit Desjardins.com.
“Inflation is expected to cool, once the interest rates take effect.”
– Angela Iermieri, Financial Planner for Desjardins
I’m sharing a bonus episode of the podcast today! The last time I chatted with today’s guest was in 2020 and in the midst of a lockdown during the pandemic when we did a special video together. Now, two years later, Angela Iermieri joins me on the More Money Podcast to discuss inflation, rising costs, rising interest rates, and the very real possibility that a recession is coming in the near future.
Angela Iermieri is a financial planner and personal finance expert with over 20 years of experience, as well as a spokesperson for Desjardins Group. She shares her expertise and educates people on personal finance by writing articles in various internal and external publications, and by putting together informational videos, webinars, and conferences.
In this episode, Angela outlines the differences between inflation and interest rates (and their special relationship with each other), what inflation was like at its peak in the 1980s (and why it was a very different scenario than what we’re experiencing today), and what we can do as individuals in our daily lives to help quell inflation so it gets back down to a normal level.
Things I Mentioned in the Episode
- My Fin Talks video with Angela from 2020
- I have another podcast! Listen here to Clean Slate by Desjardins hosted by yours truly
- Jessica’s Instagram & YouTube channel, Tiktok
- I’m giving away copies of all the books featured in this season of the podcast! To enter, visit jessicamoorhouse.com/contests
- My free resource library, where you can find budget spreadsheets & more!
- Apply to enroll in my investing course Wealth Building Blueprint for Canadians
- Check out my shop!
Looking for Financial Help?
Looking for some financial help during these tough and uncertain times? Check out my investing course and budget spreadsheets on my shop page
+ show Comments
- Hide Comments
add a comment