“I don’t want financial education to take over someone’s life or for financial freedom to be the center of someone’s universe.”
– Berna Anat, Founder of Hey Berna & Author
I’m so excited to have one of my favourite people on the Internet and in the personal finance space join me on the show today. Berna Anat, a.k.a. financial hype woman and founder of Hey Berna is on the show to talk about her debut money book, Money Out Loud, that just hit shelves!
Berna is a proud Filipina-American daughter of immigrants and an award-winning producer, speaker, podcast host, and now author! Berna was named The Plutus Awards’ Most Entertaining Financial Creator two years in a row and was named one of ABS-CBN’s Global Pinoy Idols.
In this episode, Berna shares how her new book came to be, including her roots as a first-gen Filipina-American and how that impacted her personal finance journey. Berna shares how she approached writing this book and with particular emphasis on lending her own unique voice to topics like budgeting, bank accounts, debt and so much more.
Things I Mentioned in the Episode
- Buy Berna’s book, Money Out Loud – out on April 25th, 2023!
- Berna’s podcast, Money Please
- Jessica’s Instagram & YouTube channel, Tiktok
- Want to be interviewed by me? Visit jessicamoorhouse.com/interview
- I’m giving away copies of all the books featured in this season of the podcast! To enter, visit jessicamoorhouse.com/contests
- My free resource library, where you can find budget spreadsheets & more!
- Apply to enroll in my investing course Wealth Building Blueprint for Canadians
- Check out my shop!
Looking for Financial Help?
Looking for some financial help during these challenging and uncertain times? Check out my investing course and budget spreadsheets on my shop page