This episode of the More Money Podcast is sponsored by Desjardins. Desjardins is on a mission to enrich the lives of Canadians, help build stronger communities, and educate its members so they can confidently reach their financial goals. If you’re looking for an institution that’s making an impact, look no further than Desjardins. To learn more visit Desjardins.com.
“Don’t try to beat the market, try to be the market.”
– Joseph Hogue, of Let’s Talk Money
Learning never ends when it comes to investing, which is why I’m always keen to have new guests on the show to share their unique perspectives and knowledge on the subject. This week, I’m joined by an investing expert and popular YouTuber Joseph Hogue.
After serving in the Marine Corps, Joseph Hogue went on to work in corporate finance and real estate leading him to a career in investment analysis, in which he holds the Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) designation. In 2014, Joseph left behind the corporate world to build his own online business, which included starting his wildly popular YouTube channel Let’s Talk Money (seriously, he has over 550,000 subscribers!).
In this episode, Joseph shares the good and the bad about YouTube, his own investing strategy, and the terrible investing advice to avoid at all costs. Since clickbait thrives on social media platforms, Joseph also shares why you should be aware that some creators treat investing as if it’s part of the entertainment industry. We get deep and nerdy about investing, so be prepared!
Things I Mentioned in the Episode
- Subscribe to Joseph’s YouTube Channel
- Sign up for his weekly newsletter
- I have another podcast! Listen here to Clean Slate by Desjardins hosted by yours truly
- Jessica’s Instagram & YouTube channel, Tiktok
- I’m giving away copies of all the books featured in this season of the podcast! To enter, visit jessicamoorhouse.com/contests
- My free resource library, where you can find budget spreadsheets & more!
- Apply to enroll in my investing course Wealth Building Blueprint for Canadians
- Check out my shop!
Looking for Financial Help?
Looking for some financial help during these tough and uncertain times? Check out my investing course and budget spreadsheets on my shop page