This episode of the More Money Podcast is sponsored by Desjardins. Desjardins is on a mission to enrich the lives of Canadians, help build stronger communities, and educate its members so they can confidently reach their financial goals. If you’re looking for an institution that’s making an impact, look no further than Desjardins. To learn more visit Desjardins.com.
“Arm yourself with information, both on the legal and financial front so that you can make quality decisions”
– Kelly LaVallie, Author of Untying the Knot
No one gets married thinking that they’ll get divorced one day. Unfortunately, not all marriages last and if you find yourself in this position, who do you turn to when it comes to getting help with your finances? This week on the podcast, I have CPA and author of Untying the Knot Kelly LaVallie who joins me to discuss how to navigate the complexities of untying your finances from your ex and how to start again on a good financial foot.
Kelly LaVallie is the President of LaVallie & Associates Advisory Services Ltd. with over 25 years of experience in the accounting world. After years of seeing her clients go through divorce and only being able to provide limited financial support, she made the choice to transition her firm into one that worked exclusively with clients in the stages of divorce.
Not only that, this year she released her first book, Untying the Knot – Protecting Your Emotional and Financial Health During Divorce, to help better answer people’s financial questions about divorce and share how taking back control of your finances can be incredibly empowering when starting a new life for yourself.
Things I Mentioned in the Episode
- Buy Kelly’s book, Untying the Knot – Protecting Your Emotional and Financial Health During Divorce
- Listen to this other More Money episode about Divorce with Leanne Townsend – Ep. 288
- I have another podcast! Listen here to Clean Slate by Desjardins hosted by yours truly
- Jessica’s Instagram & YouTube channel, Tiktok
- I’m giving away copies of all the books featured on this season of the podcast! To enter, visit jessicamoorhouse.com/contests
- My free resource library, where you can find budget spreadsheets & more!
- Apply to enroll in my investing course Wealth Building Blueprint for Canadians
- Check out my shop!
Looking for Financial Help?
Looking for some financial help during these tough and uncertain times? Check out my investing course and budget spreadsheets on my shop page