You may remember Atul from episode 170, when he was CEO of Vanguard Canada. Back then, he came on the show to share how he helped pioneer ETF investing in Canada and some of the benefits of index funds. Now, he’s in a very different role, focused on educating and helping investors diversify their portfolios even more by investing in fine wine. Cult Wines originated in the U.K. in 2007, and Atul has taken on the task of bringing the company over to North America, making wine investing more accessible to Canadian investors.
In this episode, Atul goes over everything from what’s the return on investment with fine wines, how to build a strong portfolio, fee structure, as well as where the wine is physically stored. As someone who enjoys a glass of wine (but rarely spends more than $15 on a bottle), I wanted to know what constitutes a fine wine, and are there wines that are bought without the intention of drinking it? If you’re keen to find out the answers and more about fine wine investing, then you’ll love this episode!
Things Mentioned in This Episode
- Check out Cult Wines, Wine Academy
- Jessica’s Instagram & YouTube channel
- I’m giving away copies of all the books featured on this season of the podcast! To enter, visit jessicamoorhouse.com/contests
- My free resource library, where you can find budget spreadsheets & more!
- Apply to enroll in my investing course Wealth Building Blueprint for Canadians
- Check out my shop!
Looking for Financial Help?
Looking for some financial help during these tough and uncertain times? Check out my online courses and budget spreadsheets on my new shop page