This episode of the More Money Podcast is sponsored by Motley Fool Canada. Interested in learning more about stock investing? Join over 70,000 of your fellow Canadian investors today by signing up to Stock Advisor Canada. And if you visit fool.ca/jessica, you can save 66% off your membership by visiting fool.ca/jessica.
“We just assume everyone is fine financially but behind closed doors, we never truly know.“
– Parween Mander, Accredited Financial Counselor Canada®
As the podcast starts to wind down before a short winter break, I’m so glad that before the end of the season I get to share today’s episode. Today we’re tackling some important topics like privilege, money trauma, and how to build generational wealth as a child of immigrants. To help navigate these topics is my guest and fellow Accredited AFCC® Parween Mander.
Parween is a South Asian money expert and founder of the Wealthy Wolfe. She holds the Accredited Financial Counselor Canada® designation and is also a certified Trauma of Money Facilitator. She’s on a mission to provide honest and relatable financial coaching for women of colour. From her upbringing as a child of immigrants, she has been determined to help other WOC overcome their financial traumas and build generational wealth.
Parween shares how her money journey began at 16 and why privilege is often a big part of people’s money journey that isn’t acknowledged. There needs to be more diversity in this industry and I’m glad Parween is one of the amazing voices that’s spreading that message and her financial expertise.
Things Mentioned in This Episode
- Check out Parween’s 1:1 Money Coaching and some free offerings
- Jessica’s Instagram & YouTube channel
- I’m giving away copies of all the books featured on this season of the podcast! To enter, visit jessicamoorhouse.com/contests
- My free resource library, where you can find budget spreadsheets & more!
- Apply to enroll in my investing course Wealth Building Blueprint for Canadians
- Check out my new shop!
Looking for Financial Help?
Looking for some financial help during these tough and uncertain times? Check out my online courses and budget spreadsheets on my new shop page