Joe’s accounting firm Avalon Accounting focuses on working with Canadian small businesses because he believes they have a significant positive impact on our world (and I’d have to agree with that!). After some failed attempts at entrepreneurship, Joe still wanted to be a part of that world and decided to merge his passion for entrepreneurship with his affinity for numbers. This led him to go back to school and start his own accounting firm. As you can tell from his interview with me, he’s passionate about helping Canadian small business owners get to grips with their finances so that they can focus more on growing their bottom line.
What you can look forward to in this episode is Joe answering small business owners’ most pressing questions on taxes, write-offs, and common beginner mistakes to avoid when starting a business for the first time. I was so excited to talk to Joe since I’ve often referred back to his YouTube channel that shares hard-to-find answers to common questions multiple times. Whether you’re a freelancer, small business owner, or are just curious about what to know when it comes to starting a business…this is the episode for you!
Things Mentioned in This Episode
- Joe’s YouTube Channel
- Joe’s Instagram dedicated to his hair
- Avalon Accounting’s new website
- Jessica’s Instagram & youtube channel
- I’m giving away copies of all the books featured on this season of the podcast! To enter, visit jessicamoorhouse.com/contests
- My free resource library, where you can find budget spreadsheets & more!
- Apply to enroll in my investing course Wealth Building Blueprint for Canadians
- Check out my new shop!
Follow Joe Collins
Looking for Financial Help?
Looking for some financial help during these tough and uncertain times? Check out my online courses and budget spreadsheets on my new shop page