This episode of the More Money Podcast is sponsored by TD Direct Investing, a division of TD Waterhouse Canada Inc., a subsidiary of The Toronto-Dominion Bank.
Learn more about TD Direct Investing’s new investment planning tool GoalAssist by reading my blog post and watching my full video tutorial all about it.
I love having repeat guests on the show, especially when it’s been years since their last interview with me. For this episode, I have FinancialMentor.com founder and author Todd Tresidder back on the show to talk about his new book The Leverage Equation. If you’re a longtime listener, you’ll remember him from episode 46 where we talked about his journey of reaching financial independence at 35.
For this episode, we talk more about the topics he discusses in his book, namely how to reach financial independence by using leverage.
So, what is leverage? It’s not a negative word at all! It actually means using different processes and strategies to reach your goals. For instance, we talk a lot about how many investment experts will share how passive investing is the way to go. And although Todd agrees this strategy has merit, he doesn’t believe can reach millionaire status quickly by doing this alone. In order to reach financial independence at an early age, you need to take advantage of other asset classes besides stocks and bonds, such as real estate and entrepreneurship.
To learn more, grab a copy of his new book The Leverage Equation!
Todd’s Relevant Blog Posts You May Want to Read
- What Is a Good Investment
- Reduce Your Risk by Increasing Leverage – 5 Uncommon Strategies
- Leverage – How To Fast-Track Your Financial Goals
Check Out Todd’s Courses
Todd has a whole series of courses on different aspects of investing. Click here to check out all 7 courses about how to reach seven figures in seven steps!
Grab Copies of Todd’s Books
- The Leverage Equation: How to Work Less, Make More, and Cut 30 Years Off Your Retirement Plan
- The 4% Rule and Safe Withdrawal Rates In Retirement
- Variable Annuity Pros & Cons
- Investment Fraud: How Financial “Experts” Rip You Off And What To Do About It
- Don’t Hire a Financial Coach! (Until You Read This Book)
- How Much Money Do I Need to Retire?
Follow Todd Tresidder
- Podcast: The Financial Mentor
- Twitter: @financialmentor
- Facebook: Financial Mentor
- YouTube: Financial Mentor