Support for this episode comes from Credit Card Genius – the only tool that compares 50+ features of 150 Canadian credit cards using math-based ratings and rankings that respond to your needs, instantly. Now you can get rewarded faster without all the headache. Visit creditcardgenius.ca to learn more.
For this Listener Series episode of the podcast, I chat with Scott McEachern who reached out to me to be on the show after being a long-time listener.
Now, Scott actually works in the financial space, but personal finance is really his passion and it’s what led him to do what he does for a living. A big reason is that his dad worked as a financial planner, so he learned at a young age how to be smart with his money.
And ever since then, he’s put what he’s learned into practice to live a meaningful life that focuses on being intentional with his money.
He shares a number of things he and his wife do to be able to pay off their debt (they have student loans) and work towards affording their financial goals. These things include:
- Adding small extra payments to his student loans to pay them off quicker
- Buying used cars instead of brand new
- Renting a cheaper/smaller place instead of trying to keep up with the Jones’
- Delaying starting a family until they are debt free
- And most importantly, tracking their spending and income regularly so there are no surprises
Learn More About Scott
Get Access to My Resource Library
I’ve got a ton of checklists, worksheets, quizzes, and more to help you get your financial life together, and I’m housing them all in one place — my resource library. It’s free, it’s amazing, get in there!
Click here to access my resource library