Support for this episode comes from Freshbooks, the ridiculously easy-to-use cloud accounting software. I’ve been personally using Freshbooks for my business for over a year and couldn’t live without it, and since Freshbooks is awesome they are offering a free 30-day trial to all Mo’ Money Podcast listeners! To try it out, visit freshbooks.com/mo and type in More Money Podcast in the “Where Did You Hear About Us?” section.
For this episode of the podcast, I chat with fellow female podcaster (The Money Nerds Podcast) and money coach Whitney Hansen.
I first got to know Whitney over the summer actually when she approached me to speak at her virtual conference called The Money Summit. I had a blast, and as a bit of a humble brag, I’m happy to say my session is one of the summit’s most popular (okay, end of brag, I just couldn’t resist).
After the summit, I knew I needed to have Whitney on my show so she could share her financial expertise. Not only is she, like me, a millennial money expert, but she has also hustled to pay off her debt and save up to be able to live the life she’s always wanted. And, like me, she isn’t afraid to share that she worked hard and long hours to get herself there (you go girl!).
The main focus of our chat however is the 4 most common things people do to sabotage their finances. As a full-time money coach, Whitney has seen it all and has noticed that many of the people she’s helped make the same mistakes over and over. If you want to make sure you avoid those mistakes, then check out the list below and listen (or watch) my interview with Whitney!
4 Signs You Might Be Self-Sabotaging Your Financial Life
- You’re stuck at the same income level for a little while (ie. 3 years)
- You’re paying off debt, then immediately getting back into debt
- You’re comparing your financial life to others
- You don’t have clarity in terms of your financial goals
- Join Whitney’s Facebook group Money Your Money Like a Boss
- Buy a pass to Whitney’s online Money Summit (that I’m also part of!)
- Sign up to one of Whitney’s free money workshops
- Check out Whitney’s award-nominated The Money Nerd Podcast
- Listen to my interview on Whitney’s podcast about my personal finance journey
+ show Comments
- Hide Comments
add a comment