In 2015, Kumiko found herself in $77,000 worth of debt while making a yearly salary of only $24,000 as a single mom. She managed to pay off the debt in record time, while also sharing the journey on her blog, The Budget Mom. She now has 2 million highly devoted followers that love her personally designed budget planners. Her new best-selling book, My Money My Way: Taking Back Control of Your Financial Life, shares her story, as well as others to show that you too can take control of your money.
Kumiko wants people to ask themselves once they finish the book if their glass is half empty or half full when the correct answer is actually that it’s refillable. I loved having Kumiko on the show because she is such a positive and inspiring woman who wants everyone to succeed by doing money their own way.
Things Mentioned in This Episode
- Buy Kumiko’s book, “My Money My Way: Taking Back Control of Your Financial Life“
- Jessica’s Instagram & YouTube channel
- I’m giving away copies of all the books featured on this season of the podcast! To enter, visit jessicamoorhouse.com/contests
- My free resource library, where you can find budget spreadsheets & more!
- Apply to enroll in my investing course Wealth Building Blueprint for Canadians
- Check out my shop!
Looking for Financial Help?
Looking for some financial help during these tough and uncertain times? Check out my online courses and budget spreadsheets on my new shop page