For my last episode for season 3, I’m so excited to share this very personal solo episode with you! A lot has happened this year, so much so that I honestly didn’t remember it all until I took some time to write everything down. And even then I’m not sure if I got everything.
A lot of changes are coming in 2017, which I alluded to in this episode, but I won’t be sharing any of that until season 4 in January. So until then, I wanted to spend some time reflecting on all the positive things that have happened in my life and all of the things I’ve accomplished in 2016.
What I Accomplished in 2016
- I rebranded from Mo’ Money Mo’ Houses to just me — Jessica Moorhouse.
- I interviewed some of my all-time favourite money experts: Rob Carrick, Gail Vaz-Oxlade and Bruce Sellery.
- I launched my Listener Series for the podcast, to allow podcast listeners a voice so they could share their stories and advice with other listeners.
- I made the most side hustle money I ever had (and I’ve been blogging for 5 years people!).
- I started freelance writing again.
- I was able to finally afford to invest in my business.
- My husband and I bought our first place together.
- I’ve had the most media mentions I’ve ever had this year.
- In the month of November alone, I was featured as a personal finance expert on TV, on the radio, in a print magazine, in the print newspaper, and online.
- I did two public speaking gigs.
- I launched the free Rich and Fit Challenge with my business partner Jaclyn Phillips, and got almost 500 registrants.
- I hosted and organized my first event — the Millennial Money Meetup.
- My husband and I vacationed in Paris (one of my bucket list destinations!).
- I had a blast in Portland for a girlfriend’s bachelorette party, then went to her beautiful wedding right on the ocean in Vancouver.
- I got over my fear of talking to people.
- I got over my fear of being on camera.
- I made some amazing new friends.
- I got my NEXUS card.
- I got life insurance for myself and my husband.
- My husband and I got a will.
- My husband and I celebrated 3 years married and 3 years in Toronto.
- I started my Money. Life. Balance. Facebook group.
Ya, that’s a lot of stuff! I really do hope that 2017 is a bit less crazy, but I doubt that it will be. One can hope.
Helpful Resources to Make Your Life Better
One thing that did keep me very busy in 2016 though was all the resources I created. I never promote them as much as I should, but I’ve created some great spreadsheets and checklists to help you with your money or organizing your life. Make sure to check out my resources page to download them for free.
I also mentioned how I started using Freshbooks to keep all my side hustle income, receipts and invoices organized. Honestly, it has been a godsend! I love it and it’s so worth it. You can try it for free for 30 days, but I highly recommend their $25/month plan (which I’m on). Try out FreshBooks for free!
Other than that, I’m a bit sad that this is the last episode for the season, but I’ve got a great season 4 ready for you in 2017. The first episode for season 4 will air on Wednesday, Jan. 11, so make sure to subscribe on iTunes or subscribe to my email list so you don’t miss an episode!
And again, I know I mentioned this a few times in the episode, but I mean it from the bottom of my heart thank you for your support. Without your kind reviews, comments, tweets, and emails, I wouldn’t be as motivated to keep making this show better and better.
I can’t wait to share the new episode I’ve already recorded for the new season, so until then, have an amazing holiday season, Merry Christmas, and have a fabulous New Year!
+ show Comments
- Hide Comments
add a comment