For this Listener Series episode, I chat with Sharifa Samuels who is originally from Ontario but now lives in my hometown of Vancouver.
She shares how she was able to travel, pay for her wedding in cash, buy a place in one of the most expensive cities in the world, and go back to school, but also aggressively pay down her debt and help her husband to do the same.
She also just so happens to have her own blog, Maturish Life, so make sure to check that to find out what she’s been up to the past few months. Hint: she may be going back to school for a third time (hmm, she sounds just like me!).
Sharifa’s Awesome Financial Advice for Others in the Same Boat?
- Write all your debts down, including interest rates and minimum payments
- Pay yourself first the entire time
- Choose your payment strategy: highest interest first or smallest balance, based on what makes you feel good
- Cut expenses!
- Automate as much as possible
- Write down and look often at your “Why?”
- Enroll those closest to you
Read Her Blog Interview with Me:
Got a story that you think would be good to share on an episode of the Listener series? Please email me!