This episode of the More Money Podcast is sponsored by The Globe and Mail. Want to invest in yourself and start a new morning ritual of reading The Globe and Mail like I do? The Globe is offering listeners of the More Money Podcast a special digital subscription rate for unrestricted access to everything on globeandmail.com. Visit tgam.ca/Jessica to take advantage of this limited-time offer.
“There’s a huge difference in what you know and what you practice.“
– Erin Skye Kelly, Author of Get the Hell Out of Debt
This week on the podcast we’re tackling a common money problem that affects millions of people everywhere. Of course, I’m talking about debt. Joining me today is an author who racked up over $2 million of personal debt, despite being the owner of a mortgage brokerage at the time. Erin Skye Kelly, is on the show to share how she paid down her debt and is now helping others do the same.
Erin Skye Kelly is a bestselling and award-winning author, podcast host, educator, and entrepreneur. She’s created courses and workshops focused on financial empowerment and her book “Get the Hell Out of Debt” teaches financial literacy through a relatable and approachable lens.
In this episode, Erin shares what led her to accrue millions of dollars of debt, despite working in the financial industry and why that’s a more common occurrence than you’d think. She also shares why learning to build wealth is a part of her step-by-step guide to tackling your finances and how the pandemic has shifted things for younger generations. Whether you have student loans or have been racking up credit card debt, today’s episode will motivate you to create a repayment plan.
Things Mentioned in This Episode
- Buy Erin’s new book, Get the Hell Out of Debt: The Proven 3-Phase Method That Will Radically Shift Your Relationship to Money
- Find out more about Erin through her website
- Jessica’s Instagram & YouTube channel
- I’m giving away copies of all the books featured on this season of the podcast! To enter, visit jessicamoorhouse.com/contests
- My free resource library, where you can find budget spreadsheets & more!
- Apply to enroll in my investing course Wealth Building Blueprint for Canadians
- Check out my shop!
Looking for Financial Help?
Looking for some financial help during these tough and uncertain times? Check out my online courses and budget spreadsheets on my new shop page