Looking to earn some extra money to reach your financial goals sooner? Ever considered teaching English online? Learn more and sign up to VIPKid, one of Glassdoor’s Top 10 Best Places to Work in 2019 and 2020!
“Investing doesn’t have to be complicated or patronizing.“
– Bola Sokunbi, Founder of Clever Girl Finance
For this week’s episode, I have the pleasure of welcoming the founder of Clever Girl Finance, Bola Sokunbi. Clever Girl Finance is one of the largest financial education platforms in the U.S, which is centered around empowering women to achieve financial wellness and live life on their own terms. In this episode, topics range from the importance of women investing, to the need for the financial education space to hear more from minorities.
As well as the founder of Clever Girl Finance, Bola is a Certified Financial Education Instructor (CFEI), finance expert, bestselling author, and speaker. Her third book Clever Girl Finance: The Side Hustle Guide comes out in June 2021.
Investing and financial advice have long been dominated by an older generation of men that tends to not account for the barriers that women face in their financial journey. Today’s episode highlights why that needs to change and why women need to prioritize their wealth-building journey. Bola also urges the financial community to move forward with more empathy.
Things Mentioned in This Episode
- Bolas’s new book Clever Girl Finance: The Side Hustle Guide
- I’m giving away copies of all the books featured on this season of the podcast! To enter, visit jessicamoorhouse.com/contests
- Sign up for my investing webinar, taking place on May 25, 2021 at 7pm ET
- Apply to enroll in my investing course Wealth Building Blueprint for Canadians
Follow Bola Sokunbi
Looking for Financial Help?
Looking for some financial help during these tough and uncertain times? Check out my online courses and budget spreadsheets on my new shop page!