This episode of the More Money Podcast is sponsored by TD Direct Investing. June is Options Eduction Month and TD Direct Investing is hosting a number of free webinars, masterclasses and on-demand videos to educate investors about their options with, well, options! To learn more visit TD.com/OptionsEducationMonth
There is no one number (for retirement), each of our personal financial situations is as individual as our fingerprints.
Today’s podcast episode is on one of my favourite subjects…retirement! I’m joined by David Trahair, author of The Procrastinator’s Guide to Retirement. We chat about the great practical advice in his book and its overall message of hope for people 50+ who haven’t yet saved for retirement
David Trahair is a CPA, CA, personal finance writer, trainer, speaker, and eLearning developer. David is the author of several personal finance books and currently operates his own personal finance training and eLearning development firm. He also offers live webinars and online courses to people through organizations including the CPA provincial and territorial bodies.
David is a wealth of knowledge and I’m so glad I was able to ask him so many questions when it comes to retirement. Our conversation covered everything from practical advice like the difference between RIFFs vs. annuities to why running out of money in retirement shouldn’t be as big of a worry as financial institutions would like us to think. I can’t wait for you to listen and enjoy!
Things Mentioned in This Episode
- Grab a copy of David’s book The Procrastinator’s Guide to Retirement
- Other books by David:
- Cash Cows, Pigs and Jackpots: The Simplest Personal Finance Strategy Ever
- Crushing Debt: Why Canadians Should Drop Everything and Pay Off Debt
- Enough Bull: How to Retire Well without the Stock Market, Mutual Funds, or Even an Investment Advisor
- Smoke and Mirrors: Financial Myths That Will Ruin Your Retirement Dreams
- I’m giving away copies of all the books featured on this season of the podcast! To enter, visit jessicamoorhouse.com/contests
- Apply to enroll in my investing course Wealth Building Blueprint for Canadians
Follow David Trahair
Looking for Financial Help?
Looking for some financial help during these tough and uncertain times? Check out my online courses and budget spreadsheets on my new shop page!