This episode is sponsored by Justwealth — investing the way it should be. Just for you. Justwealth is one of Canada’s leading robo-advisors, and they’re offering Mo’ Money Podcast listeners a special $50 bonus when opening an account. All you have to do is visit justwealth.com/jessica-moorhouse.
“Millennials are not lazy, entitled losers and we actually have a lot to say,” – Erin Bury. Officially my favourite quote from one of my podcast guests!
The big reason I wanted to chat with Erin was because she is such a good example of where hustle can take you. She’s gotten to where she is in her career because she worked hard, tried new things and took some major risks.
For instance, when I asked her how she got to be one of Marketing Magazine’s 30 Under 30, she said she nominated herself. I bet most people wouldn’t have even thought of doing that, and while those people are waiting for someone to just give it to them, Erin went out and got it for herself. You go girl!
I also love how she advocates for everyone to work on their personal brand. As I mentioned, for my day job, part of it entails teaching professionals how to craft their personal brand to win new business.
But if you’re not looking for clients, you could still find a new job or a new gig just by putting some time and effort into your social profiles and pitching yourself as an expert to the media. I reinvented my personal brand less than a year ago, and I’m telling you it has rocked my world big time — in a good way.
All I know is I can’t wait to see what Erin’s accomplished when she gets listed for 40 Under 40!
Tidbits of Advice from Erin
- Put time and effort into crafting your personal brand. That’s how you’ll stand out from the crowd when applying for jobs or starting your own business.
- Find a mentor to help you find out what direction you want to go into for your career or learn new skills.
- Pay it forward, either by investing in future entrepreneurs or becoming a mentor yourself.
Great Websites to Help You Find a Mentor
Erin in the News
- Erin Bury Of 88 Creative: No One Else Has More Right To Be Doing What I Am Doing – Huffington Post
- Why getting away from it all might be exactly what startup founders need — at least for a weekend – Financial Post
- How to lead a successful startup: Erin Bury, 88 Creative – ITBusiness
- Nine Career Lessons I Learned Before 30 – Huffington Post