Have you ever heard from someone that if a bank fails (goes bankrupt), you’ll lose all the money you had their? Because that is 100% false! You see, there’s a little thing called the Canada Deposit Insurance Corporation (CDIC) and Brad Evenson, the Director of Communications and Public Affairs of CDIC joins me for this bonus podcast episode to discuss in-depth how all Canadians are protected.
Resources About CDIC
- CDIC Deposit Insurance: 3 Things You Need to Know
- E-book – From Next Best to World Class: The People and Events That Have Shaped the Canada Deposit Insurance Corporation 1967-2017
- List of historical bank failures in Canada
- List of CDIC member institutions
- Deposit Insurance Estimator
Twitter Party – Join Me!
I’m hosting a Twitter Party with FSCO on Tuesday, March 12 at 6:30pm ET! It will be focused on mortgage fraud prevention (because March is Fraud Prevention Month), and the best part is…by participating you’ll get the chance to win a $25 Amazon gift card!