because we’re all in this together
I started the Money. Life. Balance. Community Facebook Group in 2016 as a way to create an online community for my blog readers, podcast listeners, YouTube subscribers and even people who didn’t know who the heck I was but wanted a safe space where they could ask questions and get the support they need to continue on their own personal finance journeys.
In less than a year, it’s grown to over 1,600 members, and continues to be a positive hub where anyone can share, learn and help others with anything in relation to money, life and balance.
workshops & webinars
I host workshops and webinars, as well as participate on panels and do keynote speaking for events throughout Canada and the U.S. Here’s a list of some of my upcoming and past engagements.
- FinCon – Sept. 4-7, 2019
- Money Moves! with Jessica Moorhouse: What To Know Before Buying a Home – May 29, 2019, hosted by BMO
- How to Run a Successful Business from Anywhere – May 22, 2019, hosted by Rogers
- How to Become a Side Hustler – May 19, 2019, hosted by the Toronto Public Library (Evelyn Gregory Branch)
- Millennial Money: How to Plan for Financial Freedom – May 16, 2019, hosted by Toronto Region Board of Trade and Young Professional Network
- Level Up Your Money – May 7, 2019, hosted by Erin Lowry & Jessica Moorhouse and sponsored by TD Direct Investing
- CloudTax: Free Tax App Product Launch – April 4, 2019, hosted by CloudTax
- How to Become a Side Hustler – March 6, 2019, hosted by the Toronto Public Library (Riverdale Branch)
- Start Your Own Side Hustle – Feb. 19, 2019, hosted by the Richmond Hill Public Library
- Money Management Essentials for Freelancers – Feb. 9, 2019, hosted by the Toronto Public Library (Jane/Dundas Branch)
- Dollars & Cents: Financial Freedom with Jessica Moorhouse – Jan. 31, 2019, hosted by Wilfred Laurier University
- DUCA Impact Lab: Exploring Banking that Benefits All – Nov. 26, 2018, hosted by DUCA Impact Lab
- Post-Grad Game Plan: How to Manage Your Money Like a Rock Star with Jessica Moorhouse – Nov. 12, 2018, hosted by Carleton University
- 6to6 Summit: 6 Essential Building Blocks to a 6-Figure Blog Business – Nov. 7, 2018
- Canadian Personal Finance Conference – Nov. 5, 2018
- How to Become a Side Hustler – Sept. 8, 2018, hosted by the Toronto Public Library (Centennial Branch)
- CPPO Prepaid Symposium – May 8, 2018
- 4th Toronto LinkedIn Meetup: How To Master Your Finances and Get Ahead Financially – March 29, 2018, hosted by Manu Goswami with DYPB
- Taking Financial Ownership: Networking and Launch Event – March 28, 2018, hosted by Stnce
- How to Become a Side Hustler as a Teenager – Feb. 22, 2018, hosted by the Toronto Public Library (Malvern Branch)
- How to Become a Side Hustler – Feb. 17, 2018, hosted by the Toronto Public Library (Jane/Dundas Branch)
- Money Management Essentials for Freelancers – Dec. 5, 2017, hosted by the Toronto Public Library (Lillian H. Smith Branch)
- Canadian Personal Finance Conference – Nov. 25 – 26, 2017
- Female Entrepreneurship Series: How to Make More Money – Nov. 1, 2017, hosted by The Claire Closet
- FinCon – Oct. 25 – 28, 2017
- The Money Summit – July 20, 2017, hosted by Whitney Hansen
- Wealthy Women – May 30, 2017, hosted by Young Women in Business Toronto (YWIB)
- 2017 Financial Literacy Seminar – Feb. 22, 2017, hosted by Don’t Freak Out
- Breaking Down Investments Panel Discussion and Q&A – Jan. 19, 2017, hosted by Tangerine
- Understanding Mortgages – Nov. 30, 2016, hosted by Financial Services Commission of Ontario (FSCO)
- Ignite FinCon 2016 – Sept. 23, 2016, hosted by FinCon
millennial money meetup
I love creating communities online, but I also love creating them offline too.
That’s why I founded the Millennial Money Meetup in 2016. I wanted a way to get people out, mixing and mingling, and talking money with each other in real life. Not only that, I wanted to ditch the stuffy finance seminar and replace it with a fun way to learn about money.
I’ve hosted four Millennial Money Meetups so far in Toronto and Vancouver, and look forward to hosting more across Canada.
To check out what past events looked like, visit millennialmoneymeetup.com.
To be notified of future events, sign up to my mailing list.
My book club takes place every few months on my Facebook Page in the form of a Facebook live chat and Q&A with the book’s author. The replay video will always be posted on my Facebook page or YouTube channel afterwards.