because we’re all in this together
I started the Money. Life. Balance. Community Facebook Group in 2016 as a way to create an online community for my blog readers, podcast listeners, YouTube subscribers and even people who didn’t know who the heck I was but wanted a safe space where they could ask questions and get the support they need to continue on their own personal finance journeys.
In less than a year, it’s grown to over 1,000 members, and continues to be a positive hub where anyone can share, learn and help others with anything in relation to money, life and balance.
My book club takes place every few months on my Facebook Page in the form of a Facebook live chat and Q&A with the book’s author. The replay video will always be posted on my Facebook page or YouTube channel afterwards.
upcoming & previous book clubs
millennial money meetup
I love creating communities online, but I also love creating them offline too.
That’s why I founded the Millennial Money Meetup in 2016. I wanted a way to get people out, mixing and mingling, and talking money with each other in real life.
I’ve hosted four Millennial Money Meetups so far in Toronto and Vancouver, and will be hosting one next month in Toronto as well. Buy your tickets now!
To check out what past events looked like, visit millennialmoneymeetup.com.
To be notified of future events, sign up to my mailing list.
workshops & webinars
I host workshops and webinars, as well as participate on panels and do keynote speaking for events throughout Canada and the US. Here’s a list of some of my upcoming and past engagements.
- Post-Grad Game Plan: How to Manage Your Money Like a Rock Star with Jessica Moorhouse – Nov. 12, 2018, hosted by Carleton University
- 6to6 Summit: 6 Essential Building Blocks to a 6-Figure Blog Business – Nov. 7, 2018
- Canadian Personal Finance Conference – Nov. 5, 2018
- Personal Finance Program Series: How to Become a Side Hustler – Sept. 8, 2018, hosted by the Toronto Public Library (Centennial Branch)
- CPPO Prepaid Symposium – May 8, 2018
- 4th Toronto LinkedIn Meetup: How To Master Your Finances and Get Ahead Financially – March 29, 2018, hosted by Manu Goswami with DYPB
- Taking Financial Ownership: Networking and Launch Event – March 28, 2018, hosted by Stnce
- Personal Finance Program Series: How to Become a Side Hustler as a Teenager – Feb. 22, 2018, hosted by the Toronto Public Library (Malvern Branch)
- Personal Finance Program Series: How to Become a Side Hustler – Feb. 17, 2018, hosted by the Toronto Public Library (Jane/Dundas Branch)
- Personal Finance Program Series: Money Management Essentials for Freelancers – Dec. 5, 2017, hosted by the Toronto Public Library (Lillian H. Smith Branch)
- Canadian Personal Finance Conference – Nov. 25 – 26, 2017
- Female Entrepreneurship Series: How to Make More Money – Nov. 1, 2017, hosted by The Claire Closet
- FinCon – Oct. 25 – 28, 2017
- The Money Summit – July 20, 2017, hosted by Whitney Hansen
- Wealthy Women – May 30, 2017, hosted by Young Women in Business Toronto (YWIB)
- 2017 Financial Literacy Seminar – Feb. 22, 2017, hosted by Don’t Freak Out
- Breaking Down Investments Panel Discussion and Q&A – Jan. 19, 2017, hosted by Tangerine
- Understanding Mortgages – Nov. 30, 2016, hosted by Financial Services Commission of Ontario (FSCO)
- Ignite FinCon 2016 – Sept. 23, 2016, hosted by FinCon
stay in touch
Thanks so much for stopping by! If you ever want to contact me, feel free to tweet me or email me. To stay up-to-date on my latest blog posts, podcast episodes, YouTube videos and special announcements, join my mailing list.
Finally, I want to invite you to my private Money. Life. Balance. Facebook group. It’s a great space to meet others who want to talk about their personal finance journeys and build each other up. See you in there!